A Tour of Bolivia and Study of Quaker Bolivia Link Projects
8 Days, 7 Nights: Wednesday, October 29 to Wednesday, November 5
This is a fascinating opportunity to visit Bolivia. Experience the people, culture, history of this captivating land while witnessing the positive impact of the charitable work of Quaker Bolivia Link. This life-changing experience will stay in your memory for years to come.
We travel with small groups of up to 12 people. A donation to QBL in the amount of $5,000 per person reserves a seat on this tour. Holders of US passports are required to purchase a visa ($135) upon arrival in La Paz. There are no other fees, taxes or surcharges.
Included With The Trip:
- 7 Nights, 8 Days in Bolivia in clean, comfortable, hotels in safe and convenient locations. Hotels are consistently top-ranked on Tripadvisor.com. Single, double, twin, and quad modern rooms have private baths and showers. Breakfast is included.
- Welcome Dinner. Enjoy authentic Bolivian cuisine with traveling companions.
- Witness Quaker Bolivia Link Projects. QBL projects have significantly impacted the lives of families in some of the most remote areas of Bolivia. Project visits will provide a unique experience shared by very few tourists. After being greeted by Bolivians in their villages, experience first-hand how QBL’s water and greenhouse projects have helped improve their lives and preserved their culture. A visit to a weaving facility producing fine fabric products is impressive. Participate in a round table discussion with past project participants to talk about their experiences, challenges and hopes for the future.
- La Paz City Tour. A guided tour of the historical and cultural sites of La Paz is a wonderful introduction to Bolivia. La Paz is a cosmopolitan city with rich European and native history.
- Guided Full Day Tour from La Paz to Lake Titicaca. Travel through the stunning scenery of the Andes Mountains to Lake Titicaca. Visit the ancient Island of the Sun and Copacabana. Along the way see llamas, alpacas, historic churches, and archeological ruins.
- Guided Tour of Archeological Sites such as Tiwanaku, the mysterious pre-Columbian capital high in the Andes. The “Gate of the Sun” monolith still fascinates scholars and historians alike.
- Personalized, Attentive Service. We take care of the details and serve as the group’s personal concierge. We advise on airfare, altitude issues, visas and passports, what to pack, etc. Travelers know exactly what to expect on this tour. We make sure each traveler is well-prepared for their adventure to Bolivia.
- Expert Guides: All guides are experts in their field. They will enhance the Bolivia travel experience with their in-depth knowledge. Robert Vincent, Quaker Bolivia Link’s Executive Director, will lead this tour.
- Benefit Others: 100% of the profits from this trip will be donated to the Quaker Bolivia Link project fund.
- Extensions: Through our travel partners, an optional week-long trip to Peru (Cusco, Machu Picchu, and the Amazon Jungle) and/or the Bolivian Uyuni Salt Flats is available.
Experience a special travel opportunity while witnessing the charitable work done by Quaker Bolivia Link, an international, non-sectarian development organization guided by Quaker principles and dedicated to reducing poverty among the indigenous peoples of Bolivia. Since 1995, Quaker Bolivia Link has worked alongside the indigenous Andean people to fund, construct, and monitor community-based projects to secure food sources, promote better health, and generate income. As a result, there are now over 500 families growing healthy vegetables in their QBL greenhouses, and 55 villages have clean QBL water supplies.
- Travelers are strongly encouraged to obtain health and emergency evacuation insurance prior to departure. Consult with local health advisers regarding appropriate immunizations and medications.
- Travelers must be in excellent health and able to trek difficult terrain at high altitudes, sometimes up to 15,000 feet. If there are any doubts or concerns, consultation with a health professional well before departure is strongly advised.
- Those travelers who wish to arrive a day early in La Paz may do so for an additional $69 per person (double occupancy).
- Each traveler under 25 years of age must be accompanied by an adult over 30 years of age.
- Trip itinerary may be modified due to civil disturbances, strikes, safety, and/or weather conditions.
- Airfare to/from the traveler’s home city is not included. Flights should be booked into La Paz (LPB). We will assist in planning your air itinerary.
Contact Steve Solosky at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information